Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing #8

WOW! Creative Commons has the information I have been looking for on copyright. I am working with a group of teachers to create a Science resource that involves downloading images from the internet and we have been very concerned about what we could legally use and what was copyrighted. I found there are resources out there we can use as long as we don't use them for commercial use. We had originally intended to try to market and sell the product, however, in recent months we have shifted our focus to just getting a quality resource put together for our own use. There is a plethora of resources for that. I would still like to find photos, drawings, etc. that have no copyright restrictions to use if we decide later to sell the product.

Also, I wanted to share a resource for digital media for teachers you can use in your classroom. If your school is not registered, it is very easy to set up. I found so many good video clips and lesson plans. Check it out and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that knowing about Creative Commons will help you with your project!

    Thanks also for sharing the link to Teacher's Domain. Many of the resources there are included in NetTrekker, which we have in the district. If you want more info about this, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete