Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #17

Podcasting...not that interesting to me. I would rather watch video podcasting than audio. I searched through all the directories listed on 23things and really didn't find anything I couldn't live without a subscription to. I did subscribe to Tech Teachers just to say I subscribed to one. I also downloaded a podcast of the book Ann of Green Gables to my ipod. This is something a friend said I had to read this summer. I think podcasting could be used in the classroom as a valuable tool if students had access to mp3 or mp4 players. It could be used to listen to audio versions of books for struggling readers. It could be used to review for tests and quizzes. It could be used by the teacher for absent students, parents to find out what is going on in the classroom, posting to a blog to review the day's lessons, etc. I think teachers can use podcasting to learn new things, gain insight into other teachers pedagogy, or to develop new teaching ideas and strategies. I am sure there are podcasts out there that will grab me, but as of the date of this post....not so much.

1 comment:

  1. I don't do much with podcasts either because I am not really an auditory learner. Some of our ESL teachers, however, are using podcasts and audio files extensively with their English learners. It's a great option to have for kids who learn by listening.

    ReplyDelete