Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing #4

As I was reading through some of the blogs listed in thing #4, at times I felt as if I was intruding on someones personal thoughts. Blogging is about people expressing their thoughts, opinions, and feelings. Blog reading is different than other types of reading in that most are written as if they are having a conversation with one person instead of the entire blogging community. The writer is expecting feedback on the topic. When people add their comments that are validating that the writer had something of interest to say or offering a new perspective on the topic.


One of the blogs I visited was about why it is not worthwhile to assign homework. This blog really sparked my interest and I think he makes some very valid points, especially the part about the kids who don't really need the extra practice are the ones that turn in the hw and the ones who need it the most don't turn it in or do it halfway (his words were slightly different). Some of the comments to his blog were disagreements, however, I think edubloggers chose the words in banter instead of insult.

1 comment:

  1. Angela Helm!! This is Shannon Mims (from TILT). Love your blog entry -- esp. the brevity (learned that from one of the blogs I read, Teaching Brevity ). This whole blogging thing is very new to me, I'm embarrassed to admit, but it's very catching. I can definitely see the advantages to it in education.

    ReplyDelete