Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm done!

WOW! What a journey. I had so much fun learning all the 2.0 stuff out there. My favorite discovery has to be just becoming more tech savvy. I can embed, tag, and blog now. I have always been a "static" user of the internet. Never getting involved in putting anything out there for sharing. This class has made me realize that internet learning is a two-way street. I will continue to search for blogs that I want to participate in and click on all the links that take you to some great resources to share with others. A few things that surprised me were the time I spent getting off track. I sat down each time and said, "I am only going to stay on long enough to complete this one THING and then I am going to do something else." A few hours later, and many sidetracks, I am still engrossed in my adventure. My husband says I am addicted. It is true! If you are a lifelong learner, you can get so absorbed you lose track of time. I think the format of this class is great. I wish the bookmarking tool (delicious) could have been introduced earlier so that I could have started bookmarking sites from the beginning. I would absolutely take another course like this one if it was offered. I am planning to take what I have learned here and incorporate some into my teaching. I would like to set up a blog for my students and create slideshows. I will also use teachertube.com for resources.

Overall, I am very pleased with this course. I was looking for something to do over the summer and this was perfect. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much during the school year just because of time constraints. I had lots of free time to get lost! Thank you to Mary for all the support and great feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - you did it! I'm so proud of all that you have learned and of your commitment to keep on learning. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete